Pledge your support
Suicide is preventable and we'd like you to become a key partner in its prevention.
Whether you're an individual or an organisation, we encourage you to pledge your support for the Start a Conversation campaign so that we can work together as a community to prevent suicide.
You can show your support by:
- making a pledge (details below)
- using #StartAConversation on social media
Everyone can make a valued contribution to prevent suicide. Through our pledge campaign and working together we hope to:
- raise awareness of suicide and the impact it has on our community
- show care and compassion for those in need of support
- challenge the assumptions and stigma attached to suicide
- start a conversation and identify warning signs in a hope to prevent suicidal behaviour
- promote emotional health and wellbeing in our communities
Through hard work and dedication we can build a sustainable suicide-safe community across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
As an individual
I pledge to:
- start a conversation if I feel overburdened or worried
- start a conversation with a friend, family member or a colleague if I'm worried about them
- start a conversation and ask for help if I need it
- keep an eye out for warning signs in others
As an organisation
We pledge to:
- ask employees to start a conversation with somebody if they're worried about them
- endeavour to share the #StartAConversation message across our organisation and around the local community
- promote emotional health and well being in the workplace
Not sure what to say?
Starting a conversation with someone you are worried about isn't always easy.
Not sure what to say? Have a look at these videos from the Small Talk Saves Lives campaign.
To find out more about this campaign, click here.
Everyday Small Talk
Show your support
Create awareness in your organisation or community by showing people that there is support at hand.
On social media you can use #StartAConversation to show your support.
You can also use:
Social media image feeling suicidal (JPEG, 354 Kb, 3333x1750)
Male suicide risk poster (PNG, 271 Kb, 641x911)
Identify the signs of suicide poster (PNG, 94 Kb, 642x913)
Identify the signs of suicide poster (2) (PNG, 91 Kb, 641x916)
Start a conversation logo (JPEG, 273 Kb, 3333x1750)
If you are pledging as an organisation, you can display our logo on your website to show your organisation has pledged to #startaconversation
Please be aware that due to GDPR regulations by providing us with your information you're consenting to us contacting you and holding your information for the sole purpose of the Start A Conversation campaign. This will include keeping you up to date with our events, training and news. Your information will not be passed to any other companies or organisation.